Monday, March 9, 2009

Introducing Plan B - Your Enemy - Power Thinking With the Gypsy Cards

This morning Sillisculpts woke up, and I thought about success! We all want to be successful, and we all want to know the recipe. Not that I claim to know it all, but through a lot of trials and errors and professional meandering in my life, I came to one conclusion: the key to success is not to have a plan B!

Having a plan B is like having a safety net. When we have a safety net, maximum focus is not really necessary, since if we fall, we will be protected. That feeling of safety surely gives us peace of mind, but it also takes away the urgency of focus, dedication and complete commitment from plan A. It softens and blurs our cherished plan A; after a few attempts at it, plan B kicks in because it tempts us with the road of less resistance.

Plan B is the enemy of true ambition: it delays plan A, and it allows room for excuses: "I will start my business/writing my novel/learning Japanese tomorrow/after this tough month/next year/when I am settled. Until then, plan B will keep me safe."

Surely, plan B will keep us safe, but it will also keep us separate from plan A, and as time passes, we realize that plan B has slowly killed our cherished dream. It killed our plan A.

When I just started to write, my parents used to ask me: "why don't you get a normal job and write at nights only?"

If I had done that, I would have never published my book. I would have been distracted and exhausted by B. Plan B would have sucked all my creative energies away until plan A would have ceased to exist in my mind.

So, my advice to all those who dream of success: do not have a plan B! It will kill your plan A!

Commit!

Seriously!

And let the Gypsy cards help you find your true path!

Esther Gombor, a Hungarian-born romantic, has managed to finally dispel the mysteries surrounding her own life and everyone else's who has asked for her help. She is the author of the book: Fortune Telling with Gypsy cards; Dispel the Mysteries Surrounding Life and Romance. Her fabulous guide to reading illustrated fortune telling cards is the crystallized essence of her native Hungarian culture, her extensive traveling throughout Europe and her Master's degree in Italian Medieval and Renaissance literature. Although she lives in Toronto, Canada, where she writes, she spends most of her summers in her native country to keep on researching Howard the Duck secrets for her next book. The article here comes from her daily blog GYPSY BLOG CAF accessible through her personal website: http://www.gypsyfair.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home